Oh looky here, a new trailer from The Bores. History of Video Games Part 3.
Once again, the first History of Video Games came out early May 2009, so in the course of a year Bores released 3 parts of this “epic series”. Give up Chris, this won’t convince us you’re a gamer and at the pace you’re going we’ll reach the Atari 2600 in 2021.
By the time you reach the NES, the Internet will be similar to Avatar.
So IG says in the trailer that the footage he has doesn’t exist anywhere else on the Internet. Showcasing the games Pong (are you kidding?), Space Race, Gotcha, Rebound, Gran Trak 10, and Tank. All the Arcade versions.
Wow, footage so rare that… OH WAIT WHAT’S THIS?
The original Arcade Pong? Oh well that’s common for… OH WAIT WHAT’S THIS?
Why it’s Gotcha, another game that Bores claims nobody has footage of. Well 2 out of… OH WAIT THERE’S MORE!
There’s Rebound, that’s half of his proclaimed rarities with existing… OH HERE’S ANOTHER!
There’s Ultra Tank, which Bores just calls “Tank” for some reason.
See, footage of 4 out of 6 “never-before-seen” games. Sure, he got lucky with Space Race and Gran Trak 10, but that’s still bad form to brag like that.
But the trailer is not done, Bores pretends to be the audience and asks “How is this Possible?” and he answers “We Rock, deal with it.” Hey, here’s my question Chris, could you be anymore of a pretentious dick?
I’m sick of your ego, I’m sick of your attitude, and I’m sick of you. Stop making videos!
Oh, apparently Chris went to an actual Arcade to play the games. I really hope he didn’t get on a plane and go to a different state just to make this ONE VIDEO.
It’s a waste. It’s a waste of time that could be spent towards bettering your writing and acting, and a waste of money that could be used towards something that isn’t a plane ticket to an arcade just to try and prove to the world you’re a gamer.
See, people that make reviews use a simple approach. They get more elaborate as time goes on but they still keep it simple. Sure, the crew at TGWTG have the talent fly out for crossover videos, but that’s something completely different. People enjoy the crossovers, they enjoy seeing the crew interact and have fun, and we keep coming back for more.
It just seems like Bores is wasting time & money, that’s all.
As for the title card, you wanted to know what a shit eating grin looks like Bores? Look at that picture.
I’ll cover History of Lies Part 3 when it eventually comes out.
Right now, I want to do something a little different. It’s still hard to believe that the Irate Gamer has actual fans, and not just people that pretend to be fans only to actually make fun of him.
We’ve seen some really bad ones, but the worst is “iratefanboy345”. What’s so bad about this one? Let’s find out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/iratefanboy345 This is his account.
Sometime in late 2007 this guy released a video saying “AVGN rips off Irate Gamer! Proof Inside!” in what seems like a response to SlyDogStudios comparison video (and one of the first to expose Bores for his theft).
The video has been taken down, so I’m going by memory (and an evidence guide on ED) to recall this.
SlyDogStudios’ (now PlayTheNESDotCom) video can be seen here:
Mr. 345’s examples in this video were as follows.
One: Using Steve Urkel as a joke.
IG example: The random Urkel picture in Mission: Impossible.
AVGN example: Urkel showing up in Die Hard.
Why 345 is wrong: I already explained this in my Redux Recap of Mission: Impossible, but here’s a quick summary. Reginald VelJohnson played main characters in both Die Hard and Family Matters, since James was a fan of both he decided to make a reference to it. All Bores did was be “random and wacky dur hur hur”.
Two: Comparing one game to another.
IG example: Comparing killing 50 enemies in Back to the Future to unrelated parts of other games.
AVGN example: Comparing dying in Silver Surfer sends you back to the beginning to dying in Contra starts you back where you left off.
Why 345 is wrong: Comparing and contrasting something bad to something better has been used in any form of review for a long time. This isn’t something exclusive to the Irate Gamer.
Three: Using glowing eyeballs
IG example: The brief glow at the end of Ghosts N Goblins before destroying the game.
AVGN example: The end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0Ty41jWxQ
Why 345 is wrong: Even though glowing red eyes isn’t exactly new, the AVGN example used came out in 2006. It was uploaded to YouTube a year later, but you can tell this is old because he calls himself The Angry Nintendo Nerd.
Four: Using the same music
IG example: The music playing during his “Irate nature running on…” droning from Where’s Waldo
AVGN example: Music playing during the AVGN’s Atari 5200 review… wait what?
Why 345 is wrong: I thought iratefanboy edited the footage that time, because the scene shown didn’t have that music. Plus the Atari 5200 review came out BEFORE Bores started out.
Then I learned it was from the trailer to the Atari 5200 review, posted on YouTube May 2007 (long after the actual review came out). Still, 345 is wrong.
Plus, the music used is probably a default in Final Cut, it was used again in Board James’ Weapons & Warriors video.
Obviously, people called bullshit on this. Though some of the dumber users started to questioning this.
Anyone that disputed these retarded claims, iratefanboy345 would say to them “You’re wrong, I’m right. Stop being an AVGN cock-sucker.” Mature isn’t he?
However, a far more offensive move was his second video “Standing up for the Irate gamer”. This one is still up, and I’ll debunk all the bullshit spewed in this one as well.
The first card tells us he’s here to set the record straight about all the bullshit surrounding the Irate Gamer. I’ll indicate it’s me talking with a dash.
Rumor: He is a Plagiarizer
- That’s not a rumor, that’s the truth.
Fact: People throw this term around have no idea what this concept actually means.
- Maybe little kids, but I think the clear-headed have a good idea what it means.
Plagiarizing is the act of copying someone word from (sic) word.
- Wrong sir wrong! Under the Dictionary.com definition approved by multiple organizations that all claims of originality are null & void, as you can read at the site itself. “The unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author blah blah blah et cetera et cetera.” It’s all there, black & white, clear as crystal. You stole from The Angry Video Game Nerd, you pretended you were original and now we all have to suffer so you get nothing! You lose, good day sir! And yes I’m very much aware of the hypocrisy.
Irate puts everything in his own words and puts his spin on old jokes just like The Simpsons and Family Guy does (sic).
- Let’s see, in the first 12 episodes you stole most of his TMNT review, most of his Back to the Future review, his Chronologically Confused bit, his “die die die” bit from Silver Surfer, and tried to alter them so they sounded “original”. Something is off here.
In the one instance where copied “Shitload of Fuck” he apologized to James personally, to which the piece of shit Mike Matai (sic) then shamelessly posted publicly in an attempt to discredit him.
- Mike MatEi has cleared this up with me. Bores sent that letter before the TMNT review came out, back then they didn’t consider him a problem since everyone was doing angry reviews. They just thought he was a big fan. It wasn’t until after the TMNT review that Mike posted that letter on ScrewAttack, mostly for his claim that he wouldn’t copy him anymore and the TMNT review was an exact match. It was posted because he was being a dishonest dick. Not because he wanted to make him look bad (Bores was already doing enough of that).
- By the way, why would you know about the conditions of that letter Mr. 345?
Rumor: He Rips off the Nerd
- Also not a rumor, his show’s style and concept is EXACT. Hmm, this random capitalization looks familiar.
The Nerd was no doubt an inspiration
- Is that why Bores claimed it wasn’t him but “100 other reviewers” that inspired him in that radio interview?
But they both have 2 different unique styles of reviewing.
- Pfft hahaha. The AVGN reviews bad games from the 80s and 90s, accentuates his anger using cuss words and even combining them, and in some reviews he destroys the game. The Irate Gamer reviews bad games from the 80s and 90s, accentuates his anger using cuss words and even combining them, and in some reviews he destroys the game. THAT SURE IS DIFFERENT!
But there’s a demand for it and he’s supplying the demand.
- Hey 345, YouTube videos are not products. It’s not something you buy at a store. When I reveal the truth about Mr. 345, you’ll see why this statement is incredibly dumb.
Competition is good because it make both work harder.
- God this grammar is atrocious. YouTube videos aren’t a competitive sport, most people make them for fun.
Examples: Letterman and Leno
- Funny how you mention those two as Jay Leno has been accused of stealing from David Letterman and Howard Stern. Now he stole The Tonight Show from Conan O’Brien.
Pepsi and Coke
Sirius and XM
- This is another argument I’ve seen from his idiot fans. “Durr, if we can’t allow IG then why should we allow Pepsi & Coke or other products.” Again, this isn’t a product! These are just videos made for the Internet, this isn’t TV or movies.
- WWF and WCW
Are you stuck in the year 2000? The WCW has been defunct for years, and the WWF became the WWE in 2002.
Rumor: The Nerd is oh so original himself.
- Not a rumor, that’s an opinion. Like all the people that say he’s just a childish version of seanbaby (which is hard to argue because seanbaby himself is childish). I’ll get into the seanbaby rip-off accusations later.
The Nerd draws inspiration from various sources.
- Yes, like his favorite movies.
One even being Irate gamer.
Since Irate has been popular, the Nerd has resorted to using more special fx’s (ex: Die Hard) & game sprites (Halloween) (Dragon’s Lair).
- WHAT? The AVGN has always used effects in his reviews, as early as The Karate Kid (throwing a controller causes an explosion) and Top Gun (the Hadoken and Sonic Boom that destroys his TV). The Irate Gamer wasn’t a “cause for alarm”. Sure, The Nerd using sprites was fairly recent at the time this video was made, but they’re part of the joke. They aren’t randomly placed in there to be wacky.
These are 2 things the Irate Gamer uses to separate himself from the rest.
- You mean be an asshole because “100 other reviewers” didn’t have high production values so he decided to “show them how it’s done.”
Rumor: He gets his facts wrong.
- That’s a fact. Like when he said Turtles in Time was only on Super Nintendo, the TMNT Arcade Game came before the NES game, there are no special moves in MUSCLE, that Nintendo stole from Doki Doki Panic, that there’s no character named “Brand” in The Goonies, that people can’t tell the difference between an Arcade game and an NES game in Ghosts N Goblins, that the only other weapon in Ghosts N Goblins is the fire, that Jaws was immensely popular in the early 80s, and various other inaccurate “facts”.
If you put any show under a microscope, you will find errors, Even (sic) the ones made for network TV.
- They aren’t talking about continuity errors, it isn’t like “the glass is full here, and 5 seconds later it’s empty” or “you can clearly see the string!” Unless you’re talking about shows like Law & Order that make DNA tests go faster then normal, TV can get away with that. It’s TV, they have to fill 22-44 minutes of material. It would be boring to see someone wait six weeks for DNA results. It’s called suspension of disbelief, and Chris Bores fails at suspending mine.
Even AVGN makes mistakes and errors about the games he reviews (ex: Independence Day).
- What part is this referring to? Also, I wouldn’t talk considering that the AVGN doesn’t have an ENTIRE page dedicated to his research failure at TVTropes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DidNotDoTheResearch/TheIrateGamer No really, he fails so much an entire page was dedicated to pointing them all out.
Considering that there are around 3 errors in over 13 shows and over 2 hours of footage is pretty damn impressive.
- 3? That’s being too kind Mr. 345.
Rumor: He is the most hated person on Youtube
- Again, this is an opinion not a rumor. Sure I don’t like the guy, but there’s other scum people hate like Shane Dawson.
The numbers support that he is the most popular video game reviewer on Youtube (Yes, the AVGN does not review here anymore so this statement is accurate).
- So by your logic Avatar and Titanic are the greatest movies ever made?
These lies are actually started by other video game reviewers who are jealous of his fame.
- Why would I be jealous of Chris Bores? I don’t want hundreds of hate letters a day, I don’t want to have slurred speech, I don’t want to be ridiculed every single minute of every single day. Why would I want that?
CASE IN POINT: Irate Started (sic) in April 2007 and has become more popular than:
Silent ROB, Luizprowler (it’s Prower), Big Gay AL (wow that’s mature).
- Again, numbers mean shit. If numbers equal quality, then Fred is the greatest entertainer alive.
These people have all been around since 2006, They (sic) are the biggest Anti-Irate supporters, and they are still unpopular.
- What exactly is your definition of popularity Mr. 345?
They are all jealous.
- Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
- This goes out to everyone that claims we hate something because we’re jealous.
Rumor: Irategamer removes all videos bashing him.
- Well, it’s not like anyone else had ownership of “Y2B Productions”.
Fact: Search for Irate gamer on YT and you’ll find at least 25 videos that are against him. These videos have not been removed.
- So? You could search Spoony One in YouTube and find at least 25 videos against him. Same applies for everyone else.
As long as your video doesn’t infringe on copyrights or slandeing (sic) lies about him as truth, you have nothing to worry about.
- Even though none of the videos had footage from his show, and many of them were telling the truth. Only Silent Rob’s video could be considered slander (multiple references to Bores loving the cock) By the way, why do you know his standards Mr. 345?
If it were up to me, I’d be removing a lot more videos than he does.
- … You’ll see why this line is retarded very soon.
Rumor: The AVGN is Better (sic)
- OPINION! NOT RUMOR!
The AVGN’s 15 minutes are almost up.
- 2-3 years later he’s still popular and doing even better then before. Only people that agree with this statement can’t seem to understand the joke. On a side-note, the Action 52 episode was awesome. Can’t wait for the Cheetahmen episode (makes me wonder how much James paid for Cheetahmen II).
His latest review is just a mish-mash of his old jokes replaced with new words.
- *goes to check what his most recent review was* It was Dragon’s Lair. What is he talking about that episode wasn’t a “mish-mash”.
His style of reviewing is almost tapped out.
- Well, seeing how your idol does the exact same thing, then it sounds like he’s tapping out as well.
Irategamer on the other hand keeps pushing the envelope with new thoughts and ideas.
- What envelope? What new thoughts and ideas? What are you talking about?
So the video ends here, and again nobody bought into this bullshit. It seems the only two people defending iratefanboy were 345 himself and a user named eallen001, hmmm.
345 continued to release slanderous videos, including an accusation that AVGN in front of a fire background is stealing from IG (yeah…) and claims that AVGN steals from seanbaby. You’ll see why this is an extreme dick move.
Only two other videos remain on his account, one where he claims the AVGN was “pwned” because he took down that fire picture from his MySpace account (maybe he just felt like changing it moron?) and the “un-seen” April Fool’s Day joke at the ScrewAttack forums where each instance of The Nerd’s name was changed to “Irate Gamer”. He claims they took it down after two hours because they were afraid of IG.
So, what’s the big shocking secret about this guy? It’s not really shocking, but… iratefanboy345 is Chris Bores.
That’s right, Bores was so desperate for attention that he created a sock puppet account in order to make the AVGN look bad. That… is fucking pathetic.
Goes to show what kind of scum Chris really is.
I know you’re thinking “That’s not right, Bores wouldn’t sink that low” well there are clues. The only other person defending 345 was eallen001 AKA Eric Allen AKA The Wise Sage. 345’s spelling and grammar has very similar mistakes to the ones Bores makes. Plus, who else would get offended by an April Fool’s joke about him?
Doesn’t the format of the “Standing up…” video look similar to IG’s “This Video Contains Explicit Language” warning?
That’s all I have to say about this, Chris Bores is dishonest shit and needs to get the fuck off YouTube. He doesn’t have any other safe havens, any other forum or site that mentions him or uploads his videos is met with scathing comments. So either way, he’s dead in the YouTube water.
Until next time, I leave you with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A18JIKS820QHM6/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp Note that it was made in 2006 so it’s not fake.